- About us
- Current Activities
- Protecting the Rights of Migrants through the UN System
- Promoting Migrants Voices through International Migrants Day
- Publications and Statements
December 18 is a Brussels-based non-profit organization working for the promotion and protection of the rights of migrants worldwide from 1999. The name of the organization refers to the day when the General Assembly of the United Nations adopted the “International Convention on the Rights of All Migrant Workers and Members of their Families”. Today, the 18th of December is also known as International Migrants Day.
December 18 advocates for a world where migrants are not discriminated against because of their sex, race, colour, language, religion or conviction, political or other opinion, national, ethnic or social origin, nationality, age, economic position, property, marital status, birth or any other status. A world that understands and accepts migration as normal and takes place within a framework that applies universal human rights norms and standards to all migrants and members of their families.
The mission of December 18 is to promote the protection of the rights of migrants worldwide. Our goal is to ensure that the human rights of all migrants are known, recognized and protected effectively, and that an environment is created for migrants to be full participants in any society. We promote an approach to migration policies that is based on existing international and regional human rights instruments and mechanisms.
To know more about us, click on one of the options below:
Latest from the Radio1812 site
- Feature interview with Doris Peschke (CCME)
- Radio Slovakia International contribution to Radio1812
- Radio Taiwan International's contribution to Radio1812
- Radio Romania International's contribution to Radio1812
- The Cheering Rain
- Do they know it's International Migrants Day?
- Interview with Marieke Koning about 12-by-12 campaign
- Filipino migration: a double-edged phenomenon
- Protecting migrants in dire humanitarian situations
- Voices from the WSFM in the Philippines
- Labor trafficking of undocumented migrants in San Diego
UN Migrant Workers Convention
Status as of 31.05.2012
For the full list, click here